Comment on page
This guide will walk you through setting up
walletdon macOS. At the end of this guide, you should have the following:
- Installed Sia
- Functional Sia Wallet
- Network Access:
walletdinteracts with the Sia network, so you need a stable internet connection and open network access to connect to the Sia blockchain.
- System Updates: Ensure that your macOS is up to date with the latest system updates, as these updates can contain important security fixes and improvements.
Remember to check which version to download to ensure it works correctly with your operating system. To do this, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your toolbar, then click on About This Mac. If the processor/chips says:
- Intel -
- M1 or M2 -
- 2.Now that we have downloaded
walletd, you may need to unzip it.
- Double-click the downloaded
walletdzip file to unzip it if it hasn't done so automatically.
- Click on the newly unzipped directory.
- Right-click on the path bar at the bottom of the Finder window and click Open in Terminal.
- 3.In the opened terminal window, move the
/usr/local/binby running the following command and press enter:
sudo mv walletd /usr/local/bin
You'll be prompted to authorize this action by providing your system password. Type this in and press enter to continue.
- 4.Finally, for good practice, create a folder on the home drive. This folder will be utilized specifically to store data related to the
- 1.Run the following in your terminal command to start
You will be prompted to input a
API password. You choose this password, which can be anything you want. It will be used to unlock the
walletdUI, via your browser, should be something secure and easy to remember. This value is not stored anywhere; you will need to re-enter it every time you start
You can also set the SIA
_API_PASSWORDenvironment variables so you do not have to re-enter the values every time.
- 2.After entering your desired
- 3.You can now access the
walletdUI by opening a browser and going to
Remember to leave the terminal window open while
walletdis running. If you close the command prompt window,
API passwordyou created in the previous step to unlock
Congratulations on successfully setting up
walletdand taking a significant step towards securing your Siacoins.
It is imperative to keep your host up to date. New versions of
walletdare released regularly and contain bug fixes and performance improvements.