Comment on page
This guide will walk you through setting up
walletdon Windows. At the end of this guide, you should have:
- Installed Sia
- Created a
- Network Access:
walletdinteracts with the Sia network, so you need a stable internet connection and open network access to connect to the Sia blockchain.
- System Updates: Ensure that your Windows is up to date with the latest system updates, as these updates can contain important security fixes and improvements.
You may need to run this step in administrative mode, so right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- 2.Now that we have downloaded
walletd, you may need to unzip it.
- Right-click the downloaded
walletdzip file and select Extract All to unzip it if it hasn't done so automatically. Select an accessible destination to extract the file.
- Click on the newly unzipped directory.
- 3.Finally, for good practice, create a folder on the home drive. This folder will be utilized specifically to store data related to the
walletdsoftware. Open the Command Prompt and run the following command:
- 1.Run the following in your Command Prompt to start
You will be prompted to input a
API password. You choose this password, which can be anything you want. It will be used to unlock the
walletdUI, via your browser, should be something secure and easy to remember. This value is not stored anywhere; you will need to re-enter it every time you start
You can also set the SIA
_API_PASSWORDenvironment variables so you do not have to re-enter the values every time.
- 2.After entering your desired
- 3.You can now access the
walletdUI by opening a browser and going to
Remember to leave the Command Prompt open while
walletdit is running. If you close the command prompt window,
walletd Login UI
API passwordyou created in the previous step to unlock
Congratulations on successfully setting up
walletdand taking a significant step towards renting storage space on the Sia network.
It is essential to keep your host up to date. New versions of
walletdare released regularly and contain bug fixes and performance improvements.